Originally Published on: Sep 28, 2012 @ 18:49
We can show you better than we can tell you as it is the name of the business;
Show – Business!
1. widespread reputation, especially of a favorable character; renown; public eminence: to seek fame as an opera singer.
2. common estimation or opinion generally held of a person or thing; reputation.
1. position in life as determined by wealth: to make one’s fortune.
2. wealth or riches: to lose a small fortune in bad investments.
3.great wealth; ample stock of money, property, and the like: to be worth a fortune.
4. chance; luck: They each had the bad fortune to marry the wrong person.
5. fortunes. things that happen or are to happen to a person in his or her life.
HOLLYWOOD MADE SIMPLE – Image From The Roosevelt Hotel, Site Of The First Ever Academy Awards Show.
Place In Hollywood History
The Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel hosted the presentation of the 1st Academy Awards in 1929 inside its Blossom ballroom. Later ceremonies were much larger than this banquet for 250, so there was never an attempt to host the awards at the hotel a second time.
Frances Farmer was the guest of honor in the early 1950s after appearing on This Is Your Life. Marilyn Monroe was a resident at the Hollywood Roosevelt for two years when her modeling career took off. Her first magazine shoot was taken on the diving board on the pool behind the hotel, which was recently removed. The hotel’s remodeled pool contains an underwater mural painted by David Hockney.