“And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.”
verb (used with object)
1. to cause bodily injury to; injure: He was badly hurt in the accident.
2. to cause bodily pain to or in: The wound still hurts him.
3. to damage or decrease the efficiency of (a material object) by striking, rough use, improper care, etc.: Moths can’t hurt this suit because it’s mothproof. Dirty oil can hurt a car’s engine.
4. to affect adversely; harm: to hurt one’s reputation; It wouldn’t hurt the lawn if you watered it more often.
5. to cause mental pain to; offend or grieve: She hurt his feelings by not asking him to the party.
A pleasurably true perspective to consider.