1. the act or process, or a manner of growing; development; gradual increase.
2. size or stage of development: It hasn’t yet reached its full growth.
3. completed development.
4. development from a simpler to a more complex stage: the growth of ritual forms.
5. development from another but related form or stage: the growth of the nation state.
1. A small oval endocrine gland attached to the base of the vertebrate brain and consisting of an anterior and a posterior lobe, the secretions of which control the other endocrine glands and influence growth, metabolism, and maturation. Also called hypophysis, pituitary body.
A different perspective to consider.
Article originally published on Aug 8, 2012 @ 17:21 by Rylan Branch