“To a kid lookin’ up to me Life ain’t nothin’ but bitches and money“
(Editor’s Note – Monday May 31, 2016)
Article originally re-published on Sep 27, 2014 by Rylan Branch
Ok, this is the business!
Kim must back in The City Of Angels, because I don’t think that they do this kinda N.W.A. approach in Italy, but actually…..They DO do this type of Gangster Shit in Italy, down south on the island of Sicily.
1. belonging or pertaining to the origin or beginning of something, or to a thing at its beginning: The book still has its original binding.
2. new; fresh; inventive; novel: an original way of advertising.
3. arising or proceeding independently of anything else: an original view of history.
4. capable of or given to thinking or acting in an independent, creative, or individual manner: an original thinker.
5. created, undertaken, or presented for the first time: to give the original performance of a string quartet.
1. One who aspires to a role or position.
2. One who imitates the behavior, customs, or dress of an admired person or group.
3. A product designed to imitate the qualities or characteristics of something.
Wishing or aspiring to be; would-be.
“I wanna be a billionaire so fucking bad,
Buy all of the things I never had.
I wanna be on the cover of Forbes magazine,
Smiling next to Oprah and the Queen.”
– Billionaire by Travis McCoy featuring Bruno Mars.
Moral of the story
Its hard to say this without sounding like Mr. Mean, yet necessary to say this to be Mr. Honest.
As indicated by the lyrics in this particular song and the 146,199,464 views that the video has received on YouTube, there are in my honest opinion, just way too many wanna be’s who agree that being a wanna be is not such a bad thing to be and a lack of originals who agree that original is a good thing to be.
The problem with this scenario is that although it is popular to be a wanna be, wanna be’s depend on originals to act and serve as role models for what wanna be’s want to be which is original, yet if we have wanna be’s acting as role models for each other due to their own a lack of originality, then all any of the wanna be’s will ever be is wanna be’s, never reaching a completed/really are status unless the actual goal changes to becoming the best looking and sounding wanna be out of the bunch.
On the bright side, although the originals are currently showing to be in lesser supply, the demand and value for them must automatically increase and become greater due to the wanna be’s dependence on them as stated above, so as a solution, the dictionary definitions of both states of being have been listed so that we may continue to assist individuals who can think and act far enough outside the box by helping them to realize, celebrate, and strengthen their originality and individuality simultaneously sustaining and increasing their own value.
In closing, if you as a valued viewer found the information contained in this entry to be interesting and helpful, then it stands to reason that your own originality and individuality is what initially led you to take a peek at what is being stated as one must first think, act, and be different in order to make a difference, again, beginning first with what?
You’ve guessed correctly. Theconsideration of a new and different perspective.
Article originally published on May 27, 2013 by Rylan Branch