1. the feeling of a person whose attention, concern, or curiosity is particularly engaged by something: She has a great interest in the poetry of Donne.
2. something that concerns, involves, draws the attention of, or arouses the curiosity of a person: His interests are philosophy and chess.
3. power of exciting such concern, involvement, etc.; quality of being interesting: political issues of great interest.
4. concern; importance: a matter of primary interest.
5. a business, cause, or the like in which a person has a share, concern, responsibility, etc.
A different perspective toÂ pay attention to andÂ take interest in.