American author H. Jackson Brown, Jr is best know for his inspirational books, which include his New York Times best-seller, â€œLifeâ€™s Little Instruction Book.â€ Brownâ€™s work has been incorporated in calendars,Â posters, apparel items, daily journals, greeting cards, audiocassettes, screensavers and even fortune cookies. Remarking on his books, Jackson has said, â€œMost of us know what we need to do to make our lives more fulfilled and useful, but sometimes we forget. My little books are gentle reminders of those simple things which, if done well and in a spirit of love, can significantly change our lives.â€ Â Below, he details 21 suggestions for success, which are sure to assist people onÂ theirÂ journey to living the best life possible.
21 Suggestions for Success
- Marry the right person. This one decision will determine 90% of your happiness or misery.
- Work at something you enjoy and thatâ€™s worthy of your time and talent.
- Give people more than they expect and do it cheerfully.
- Become the most positive and enthusiastic person you know.
- Be forgiving of yourself and others.
- Be generous.
- Have a grateful heart.
- Persistence, persistence, persistence.
- Discipline yourself to save money on even the most modest salary.
- Treat everyone you meet like you want to be treated.
- Commit yourself to constant improvement.
- Commit yourself to quality.
- Understand that happiness is not based on possessions, power or prestige, but on relationships with people you love and respect.
- Be loyal.
- Be honest.
- Be a self-starter.
- Be decisive even if it means youâ€™ll sometimes be wrong.
- Stop blaming others. Take responsibility for every area of your life.
- Be bold and courageous. When you look back on your life, youâ€™ll regret the things youÂ didnâ€™tÂ do more than the ones you did.
- Take good care of those you love.
- Donâ€™t do anything thatÂ wouldn’tÂ make your Mom proud.
Writer: H Jackson Brown