GAINS AND LOSSES – Something That Everyone Can Agree On (PH Pay Friday Initiatives 2-7-2014)
verb (used with object)
1. to get (something desired), especially as a result of one’s efforts: to gain possession of an object; to gain permission to enter a country.
2. to acquire as an increase or addition: to gain weight; to gain speed.
3. to obtain as a profit: He gained ten dollars by this deal.
4. to win; get in competition: to gain the prize.
5. to win (someone) to one’s own side or point of view; persuade (sometimes followed by over ): to gain supporters.
1. detriment, disadvantage, or deprivation from failure to keep, have, or get: to bear the loss of a robbery.
2. something that is lost: The painting was the greatest loss from the robbery.
3. an amount or number lost: The loss of life increased each day.
4. the state of being deprived of or of being without something that one has had: the loss of old friends.
5. death, or the fact of being dead: to mourn the loss of a grandparent.
Moral Of The Story
Job 1:21 “And said, Naked came I out of my mother’s womb, and naked shall I return thither: the LORD gave, and the LORD has taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD.”
It is simple and easy.
There are no less than two sides to every single thing, each of which is individually and collectively ascertained from the perspective that each one is considering any such said thing.
A different perspective to consider.