1. acquaintance with facts, truths, or principles, as from study or investigation; general erudition: knowledge of many things.
2. familiarity or conversance, as with a particular subject or branch of learning: A knowledge of accounting was necessary for the job.
3. acquaintance or familiarity gained by sight, experience, or report: a knowledge of human nature.
4. the fact or state of knowing; the perception of fact or truth; clear and certain mental apprehension.
5. awareness, as of a fact or circumstance: He had knowledge of her good fortune.
INSTAGRAM FOUNDERS - Kevin Systrom And Mike Krieger
FTC Clears Facebook’s Acquisition Of Instagram
SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) – The U.S. Federal Trade Commission cleared Facebook Inc’s acquisition of Instagram, voting unanimously to close its antitrust investigation into the deal without taking any action.
The move frees Facebook to complete its purchase of the mobile photo application maker, the biggest acquisition in its history. Facebook announced plans to buy Instagram in a cash and stock deal for $1 billion in April.
Under the terms of the deal, Facebook will acquire Instagram for $300 million in cash and roughly 23 million shares of Facebook common stock.
The deal is currently valued at $747.1 million, based on the $19.44 closing price of Facebook’s shares on Wednesday.