Dr. Phil Life Law #5: Life rewards action. Strategy: Make careful decisions and then pull the trigger. Learn that the world couldn’t care less about thoughts without actions. http://www.drphil.com/articles/article/44
verb (used without object)
1. to take place; come to pass; occur: Something interesting is always happening in New York.
2. to come to pass by chance; occur without apparent reason or design: Don’t ask me what caused itâ€”it just happened, that’s all.
3. to have the fortune or lot (to do or be as specified); chance: I happened to see him on the street.
4. to befall, as to a person or thing: Something dreadful has happened to me.
5. to meet or discover by chance (usually followed by on or upon ): to happen on a clue to a mystery.
Abbreviation for “In Real Life.” Often used in internet chat rooms to let people you are talking about something in the real world and not in the internet world. Also can be used to differentiate between an actor/actress and the character they play.
“I totally hate that guy IRL!” (Internet)
“I fucked that whore IRL!” (Internet)
“He/she does not live in New York IRL.” (Actor/Actress)