Help Us Build The Future Of Facebook.
(Editors Note â€“ July 10, 2010)
On With The Show!
When Mark Zuckerberg showed up in Palo Alto three years ago, he had no car, no house, and no job. Today, he’s at the helm of a smokin’-hot social-networking site, Facebook, and turning down billion-dollar offers. Can this kid be for real?
Per Facebook Staffâ€”
We at Facebook are preparing to launch a brand new product to the world. We think it will be as exciting as Facebook Photos and Facebook Events, but we need your help to make it great.
As a beta tester, your job will be to ask great questions and provide great answers about your favorite topics. Economics? Skydiving? Relationships? Mexican Restaurants? It’s up to you. You’ll be the first person outside of Facebook to use this product. Your expert writing will be seen by tens of millions of people â€” including job recruiters. And we’ll bring our best beta testers out to California to tour Facebook headquarters and meet the team.
Ready to get started?
Before we can give you exclusive beta access, we’d like you to submit one great sample question and answer. We’re looking for evidence that you can write clearly and authoritatively on familiar subject matter.
Here are some guidelines to follow when submitting your question and answer:
Choose a provocative question. Write about things you know. Some examples:
- How can I get over my fear of flying?
- What are some fun family activities to do with two small children on the weekend?
- What caused the U.S. stock market to crash in 2008?
- What’s the secret to throwing a great housewarming party?
- What are the main differences between Google Chrome and Internet Explorer?
- What are women looking for in a relationship?
- What methods has BP tried to clean up the oil spill?
- What should I do to prepare for the Bar exam?
- How did The Beatles find success?
Write a detailed, articulate answer.
Where relevant, cite and link to third-party sources such as Wikipedia.
Your answer must be original. Plagiarism is unacceptable.